And now I can’t stop singing the chorus in my head over and over and over
- Good news: I have my birthday weekend off this year.
- Indifferent news: I work on pay day again.
- Bad news: I work Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve nights.
No days off this week.
Half of today
All weekend 7-7
….shiiiit I’m gonna be tired.
Come to work to find out one of our officers was shot tonight. He’s okay, the suspect is dead. It was suicide by cop, and it was successful.
- I’ve been having really good days lately. I hope they last.
- He called me tonight while I was out driving around, to keep me company, and it was the highlight of my night.
- I discovered a 24 hour dunkin donuts in town, and best believe I got that shit tonight.
- I also bought a Thin Mints Nestle Crunch bar and just nommed on it.
- I think I came a little from the sheer joy of Thin Mints in my mouth.
- I start midnight shift in T-Minus 19 hours. So I’m staying up late tonight. We’ll see how that goes.
- I need to take a road trip soon. For reals. I’m thinking Maryland and Kentucky, with a stop in Tennessee. For starters.
- That’s all. Just a little update.
How is everyone this evening?
I get tomorrow off.
And then work 4 days.
Kill me now.
Holy hell work was insanely busy. Add my little to no sleep the past two nights…yeah, cranky Jon reared his ugly head.
Oh well, it’s over for a couple days. Hallelu.
How’s everyone’s Sunday been?
Two in a row are even worse.
One more day (12 hours only) and then I can rest.
For a day.
Looking forward to Friday. Mom and I spending a day down south. Ikea and Ben Siegel reptiles and who knows what else. Gonna be nice.
Off to dreamland. Bonne nuit!
I could use a bit if sanity in my life right now.
I lost my temper today at work. Yelled at a coworker. Had to leave for a few to compose myself. I’m still not fully recovered from it.
I just need….some comfort. Times like these make the loneliness really palpable.
I hear the words “shots fired shots fired!” come across my radio tonight.
I thank God none of my deputies were shot.
I’m still shaken by the experience.
So I’m hiding in one of the shower stalls at work because it’s the only place where no one can bug me. I like to take my breaks in peace, sue me. (Taken with Instagram at St Lucie County - EOC)
Today was hellacious. Today was busy and hectic and filled with things I don’t want to experience again.
I don’t like hearing my friends crying out in pain over the radio.
One of my Animal Control units, Blue, was attacked by a dog today. A couple gashes in his arm, he’s okay. But I don’t ever want to hear that sound come across my radio ever again. It’s bad enough it’s one of my guys, but Blue [and most of the Animal Control officers] is my friend. I’ve known him going on 7 years, and I hate to think that his job caused him any physical pain.
I just want my work week to be over with. Maybe tomorrow will be better than today.
/random personal shit